Animals are capable of experiencing a range of different emotions.
Emotions are responsible for each animal’s individual response to different situations or triggers and are part of the reason why each animal is unique.
As part of each animal’s individual assessment, I aim to uncover not only the motivation but also the underlying emotion(s) behind the behaviour(s) concerning you.
This means that each animal gets a behaviour management and modification programme that is tailored to his/her needs, increasing our chances of success.
Services and Prices
– £300 (Monday – Friday), £400 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Review of clinical history sent over by the Veterinary Surgeon and history form filled out by the Owner.
- Consultation, during which the animal’s behaviour problem(s) and history will be analysed in detail.
- Discussion of the Assessment, which includes:
– Diagnosis – why is your pet doing what he/she is doing?
– The impact any potential health problems may have on your pet’s behaviour.
– Prognosis – can your pet get better?
– Establishing goals of treatment – short and long term.
- Behaviour management and modification programme.
– Including adjustments to the environment to help you prevent problem behaviour or better manage your pet.
– Training exercises for you to do at home with your pet – to help bring about sustainable change.
– Discussion about medication or pheromones and the potential role it may play in your pet’s treatment
- Clinical examination and/or demonstration of training exercises
– if considered safe and relevant.
- Written report to the Owner.
– With the information discussed during the consultation
– And including instructions, tasks or training exercises to implement at home.
- Written communication with the Veterinary Surgeon.
- Completion of any insurance documentation if requested by the client.
Behaviour problems are usually complex and involve ongoing work at home. Progress needs to be reviewed regularly and treatment strategies adjusted over time.
I am here to support you through that journey.
Single Follow up Video call
– £75 per 30 minute video call
• To be booked at the client’s convenience within 6 months from the initial consultation.
• To review progress and help implement or adjust the behaviour management and modification programme.
Single Follow up Home visit
– £200 per 90 minute home visit
• To be booked at the client’s convenience within 6 months from the initial consultation.• To review progress and help implement or adjust the behaviour management and modification programme.
• To help with particular aspects of training, observing/demonstrating as appropriate.